Match Reports‎ > ‎

Kil/Cool U16 Unlucky to Exit Canning Cup

posted 27 Sep 2014, 09:32 by Patricia Donnellan   [ updated 28 Sep 2014, 02:09 ]
15/09/2014:  Kildysart/Coolmeen played a spirited match this evening and are unlucky to exit the competition at this stage having been beaten by Ennistymon 11 points to 2-8. The teams were evenly matched throughout and were level at half time. Barry Crehan started off the scoring for the amalgamation and Ennistymon pointed to draw level.  Seamus Casey slotted over 2 frees, the second of which was well earned by Mark Meaney. The lead was short lived as Ennistymon once again drew level. Stevie Sheehan's score put Kildysart/Coolmeen in front again only to be cancelled by Ennistymon. The teams ended the half level at 4 points a piece. 

The second half proved equally as tight with the teams level 3 more times. Barry Crehan again opened the scoring with a free and a point from play. Seamus Casey followed on with a point to put the amalgamation ahead by 3. Adam Carrig was called upon and executed a goal save but Ennistymon were persistent and breached the net in the 40th minute to level the sides. Barry Crehan was black carded and Ennistymon converted the resultant free.  Two more scores from Seamus Casey and Kildysart/Coolmeen were ahead once again. Ennistymon then drew level with 10 minutes remaining, Kildysart/Coolmeen 9 points, Ennistymon 1-6. Ennistymon scored another brace to go ahead by 2 and finished this off with a goal to extend their lead to 5 with 4 minutes remaining. Kildysart/Coolmeen dug deep and kept penetrating forward. Darragh Cleary's shot on goal was painfully denied by the crossbar and was fisted over for a point. Seamus Casey's effort in the dying minutes proved to be the last point of the match. Final score Kildysart/Coolmeen 11 points, Ennistymon 2-8. 

Kildysart/Coolmeen Comprehensive Canning Cup Win

08/09/2014:  Kildysart/Coolmeen U16's started the Canning Cup with a 2-13 to 1-4 win over Kilkee/Doonbeg. Kildysart/Coolmeen kept their opposition scoreless for 20 minutes and limited them to only 2 points in the first half. Meanwhile, Kildysart/Coolmeen went on a scoring spree racking up 2-6 before the break. The first score of the game came by way of a penalty earned within the first 2 minutes. The initial strike was saved but the rebound was converted by Seamus Casey. Stephen Sheehan scored the other goal and the lead was cemented by points from Luke McGrath, Sean Wallace, Barry Crehan, Darragh Cleary and Seamus Casey x2.

The amalgamation continued their dominance in the 2nd half, keeping the West Clare amalgamation to only 3 more scores. Points from Seamus Casey, Ryan Casey and Sean Wallace extended the lead before Kilkee/Doonbeg scored a goal in the 38th minute from a quickly taken free. Three more from Seamus Casey and one from Barry Crehan finished off the scoring for Kildysart/Coolmeen. Kilkee/Doonbeg managed just 2 more points before the full time whistle. Final score Kildysart/Coolmeen 2-13, Kilkee/Doonbeg 1-4.